ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

video copilot effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Bernvideo copilot effect
by on Apr 27, 2014 at 5:36:07 pm

I downloaded a video copilot "typewriter effect" (3D) that was free. Swear. I am relatively new to AE (I have version 6). I don't understand their directions on how to install it.

I downloaded their file (zip) Opened the zip drive and the folder appeared. . Then I opened my AE application, clicked on plug ins, put the folder AND the zip drive in there (don't ask, see I told you I'm new to this). Also put both in the "presets" folder. I closed my AE app., I even shut down my computer and restarted it and nothing appears on the effects list. Whoever answers me, and I pray you do, please, the less techy the response the better off I will be. I also now tried to move the zip file and folder out of plug-ins and presets folder and I can't delete from either. Have I just made a huge mess of something? I do have the license from Video copilot in the zip drive which, as I said, is in both the plug-ins and the presets folder

I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: video copilot effect
by on Apr 27, 2014 at 6:43:41 pm

You don't just put the .zip file in the Presets location. You have to first uncompress (extract files) from the .zip file, or it will not work. You should be able to just right click the .zip file, choose "Extract All", then check where it's going to be opened to. Then move the extracted folder (following the VideoCopilot instructions) to where it needs to go. It sounds as if you never extracted the files from the .zip.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Jessica BernRe: video copilot effect
by on Apr 27, 2014 at 6:57:27 pm

You are 100% correct. As I said, I'm new at this. Thanks so much. Wish I had asked the question two hours ago. Live and learn.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved