ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d stroke and camera in z space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marielle Alferink3d stroke and camera in z space
by on May 4, 2013 at 1:14:12 pm

Hey guys,

Im working on this project and keep bumping into some problems when I use particles.
This time I have a 3d stroke and I want to use my camera to travel through z space. But I
can't seem to get the thing working.

I have some particles parented to a null that moves in a square. So the particles make a line in a square
shape. And I have a camera that is also parented to a null object.

So what I want to create are a few layers with lines in the shape of (lets say) squares. Every layer is a bit further away in z space. And what I would like to do is travel a bit through z space when the lines are being created.

Here's the thing. I'm able to travel through z space. but my 3d stroke doesn't seem to react to the position of my camera. I'm able to orient around the object, but i'm not able to travel through z space.

Then I thought zooming will create the same effect. And the particle layer reacts to the zoom effect. But when I keyframe the zoom effect. Nothing happens.

So my question is.. How can I make my particle layer to react to my camera traveling through z space? And no, my solid with the particle layer isn't a 3d layer, my null object is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]