ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Logo Entering Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John MarkLogo Entering Effect
by on Apr 29, 2013 at 3:18:16 am

Is is possible to create this logo entering effect using the same logo (channel 9) as in the video using after effects CS6.

Watch from 12 sec -

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Logo Entering Effect
by on Apr 29, 2013 at 2:12:24 pm

The video link shows the normal Big Bang Theory scene transition: a stylized atom modeled & animated in a 3D application over a colored background. Above this animation, there's a second animation made in a 3D application: a particle that zooms up to full screen.

These three elements -- background, atom and particle -- are created in various background colors, creating various transition files. They're just cut into the show.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

michael zoppoRe: Logo Entering Effect
by on May 9, 2013 at 7:41:25 pm

Hey Dave,

I think he was talking about the bug in the lower right that pops in at 12 seconds.

And yes it is possible to re-create that inside of After Effects if that's what you were asking. It seems like a pretty simple effect using some sort of shimmer or shine effect over the logo to emulate a glossy feel.

Return to posts index

John MarkRe: Logo Entering Effect
by on Jun 13, 2013 at 11:56:50 pm

Thanks Michael, thats what I was talking about.

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Logo Entering Effect
by on Feb 3, 2016 at 5:49:46 am

Nice breakdown. Funny thing was I built those transitions for the show and was just googling to show someone and stumbled across this. That was a fun project.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Logo Entering Effect
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 9:56:34 pm

Did you use Zaxwerks 3d Invigorator to render the atom things or was it rendered out of a 3d app?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

John DavidsonRe: Logo Entering Effect
by on Feb 4, 2016 at 10:33:22 pm

Keeping in mind it was 2006ish, Zax was the man back then. The first passes were very simple and then I dirtied it up with particular dots in the background just doing random things. Particular fireballs were attached to the electrons via nulls I think, and I believe I used some random camera movies to give it a wild vibe. The renders were painfully slow back then. The giveaway that it was Zax is the weirdo black white textured ball in the middle. Also the reflected environment is one of the primary reflections for Zax, at least in 2006.

It was a fun little project.

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Logo Entering Effect
by on Feb 5, 2016 at 4:30:57 pm

[John Davidson] " The giveaway that it was Zax is the weirdo black white textured ball in the middle."

YES! I KNEW IT! I've been wondering if I was right about this for years! :D

Gosh, I remember those days. It blew my mind how fast it rendered 3d (really good-looking 3d) inside of After Effects. You know, Zax still makes good stuff. Element changed the game a bit though. Well, that and the fact that real 3d like Cinema 4D is so much quicker to render than it used to be (and now comes free with After Effects).

[John Davidson] "It was a fun little project."
I'm sure! I've always liked those graphics. Nice to meet the guy that made them. :)

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]