ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make the animation/motion graphic: three different texts coalesce forming one big text of different word?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian LeeHow to make the animation/motion graphic: three different texts coalesce forming one big text of different word?
by on Apr 11, 2013 at 2:46:53 pm

I was cogitating hmm... why not making an outro that is simple and plain yet hard - making three different texts of different words (meaning three different layers) which are placed in different position to merge together into one massive text that reads another different word? I hope you could even clip together an aep project demonstrating this. Thanks man...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: How to make the animation/motion graphic: three different texts coalesce forming one big text of different word?
by on Apr 11, 2013 at 8:47:36 pm

[Sebastian Lee] "I hope you could even clip together an aep project demonstrating this. "

Nope. The reason: we would have to know the typeface, point size, and stroke before we could even begin.

Then, considering we don't even know the text, or how you envision animating all three text layers to create one big line of text -- or even if you envision it being one line -- there is no direction.

Sorry, but you're on your own on this one, pal. But it is possible to do. Not easy: possible. Here's a hint: animate the tracking on the desired characters.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sebastian LeeRe: How to make the animation/motion graphic: three different texts coalesce forming one big text of different word?
by on Apr 12, 2013 at 5:34:26 am

alright. without a murmur, here you go:
Font: Times New Roman (as a specimen, need not be intricate)
Font Size: 70
Stroke: none
The 3 texts: A, B, C
Final text fused D

Sir, no offense but why can't you just use any font and size for the demonstration. The big picture is that I want to see + learn how this is done but in the back of your mind, you're reluctant and insisting on wanting to know the sizes, texts, etc. I don't mind.. I guess you thought that I might steal your hardwork and put it up as mine, right? No! I won't because I wouldn't learn through that. I will use your .aep demo as a referral only so worry not.
P.S. I didn't know people in this forum are kinda harsh sometimes. Never been into a forum with this trait.

Everybody wants to be an excellent movie maker. But it takes one to help the poor. That's the name of the game.

Return to posts index

Omer AydinRe: How to make the animation/motion graphic: three different texts coalesce forming one big text of different word?
by on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:57:45 am

Here is a quick project file I made where A and C comes together making a `D`.
Hope it helps.

http://f1.creativecow.net/5831/text-welding-tutorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]