ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to track this shot?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gavin MurdochHow to track this shot?
by on May 7, 2014 at 11:36:01 am

I am interested in working out how to track this shot from 0.59 to 1.14.

I would like to know how to replace the animation on the watch screen.

I know that I have to rotoscope the hand gestures back in but wondered what would be the best way to track the watch screen as the hand passes through it a few times during the shot.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I have After Effects CC and Mocha AE CC.

Return to posts index

Jon ChainyRe: How to track this shot?
by on May 14, 2014 at 8:30:22 am

hey my name is Jon.
i am no expert in tracking, but you may be able to right click clip on timeline and click track camera. or just click window---workspace---then click motion tracking. click track camera. i dont think it will work too well, but it may because it is a very simple clip that you want. if your tracker target dot things go insane, then try animation---track in mocha ae. now, if there is a pop up that says something about the file format, just convert it into mp4 using ae. (or avi) you can use the tools at the top to make a new area to track. then you can just paste the data after exporting it to your clipboard. mocha is the best. there are hundreds of online tutorials on it. enjoy :)

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: How to track this shot?
by on May 7, 2014 at 2:34:18 pm

You can track this shot very easy with Mocha AE.

If you don't know how to do it, check out the numerous Mocha tutorials on youtube. You will find more than you need ; )

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved