ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Recreating this bullet time effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georg Pircher VerdorferRecreating this bullet time effect
by on Mar 12, 2013 at 11:39:44 pm

Hello, I just saw this commercial, which was shot on the Nex 7 and postproduced in After Effects.

I just find it amazing. Can anyone tell me how you would recreate that bullet time effect between 00:43 and 00:45?
I have no Idea how you achieve this type of effect wiht a dolly movement while freezing the two guys in the air and matchmoving them with the moving guy behind them. I know there are different techniques like crazy rigs with 200 cameras on it or fake bullet time effects.... hmmm
It seems that there is going on some interpolation between stills. what do you think? how did they achieve this effect?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Recreating this bullet time effect
by on Mar 13, 2013 at 12:40:38 am

It's a very short segment, with only a little bit of camera movement. It looks like the same little segment is used several times. I think that you could do this by photographing the flying guys with only 10 or fewer cameras and then sequencing the images from the different cameras. Using time remapping with frame blending could be used to interpolate between them. Then you composite that together with a separate movie of the guy in the middle.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Georg Pircher VerdorferRe: Recreating this bullet time effect
by on Mar 15, 2013 at 10:03:58 am

thank you. that's what I thought too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved