ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shooting for twixtored slow motion with red epic

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan freshman
Shooting for twixtored slow motion with red epic
on Feb 26, 2013 at 6:11:05 am

Hello,

Have had the chance to play around with shooting different frame rates with the epic and am attempting to do some slow motion shots. What's interesting with this camera (may trivial for many) is that you can shoot variable frame rates with a standard frame rate base enabling the footage to be slowed in camera. My question is if I am slowing it further in post is it best to bring it in with the high frame rate set the same as the frame rate base in camera. for example; shoot 96 fps with a 96 fps base as opposed to 96 fps with a 23.98 base.

thanks for any suggestions and help
dan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Shooting for twixtored slow motion with red epic
on Feb 26, 2013 at 9:31:02 pm

Think about how slo-mo was accomplished in Days of Yore: the higher the frame rate at which one shot, the slower the motion in the target frame rate.

Knowing this, it's just a matter of arithmetic, personal tastes and testing to acquire the knowledge one needs to get the proper look for your requirements.

If -- after playing with frame rates and Twixtor -- you discover that your slo-mo isn't slow enough to retain the needed image quality, you may have to procure a different camera.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: Shooting for twixtored slow motion with red epic
on Feb 26, 2013 at 9:39:42 pm

Dan

I have never used Twixtor on an Overcrank footage but I stumbled upon this article which you may find interesting(there is info about using twixor on an Overcrank footage):

Slomo with Twixtor

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]