ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to achieve this "falling" effect?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny OpamoHow to achieve this "falling" effect?
by on Feb 19, 2013 at 12:13:43 am

I'm creating a music video as my coursework for college and wanted to have my talent falling though a black background like in these videos.

I will be using a green screen but how can I make it look at professional as possible upon the initial shoot?

I understand they may be filmed using wires but I do not have access to such facilities - is there an alternative perhaps?

All answers are helpful thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: How to achieve this "falling" effect?
by on Feb 19, 2013 at 1:24:17 am

I would suggest two stepladders, a well padded floor with a green cloth (green screen) placed over the padding, and brave talent. Shoot from the higher stepladder, or fly the camera from a jib, fixed. Have the talent fall backwards off the second stepladder (not from too high, unless you have heavy padding, like in a gym) into the shot. By the way, the samples look as if they were shot with a high speed camera, since the slo-mo is so smooth.

A second possibility would be to rent a gym with a foam pit, and do the above, but with the talent falling into the foam, which would be covered with a green cloth. It should work...but light the green screen evenly from the sides, and the talent separately.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved