ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3d extruded layers from illustrator paths

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Harding3d extruded layers from illustrator paths
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 10:03:11 pm

I have a vector shape layer in AE that was created from an illustrator path. It seems that the extruded side is married to the color of the path's edge pixel. Can I make the side of the object, aka the extruded edge, a different color than the face? I tried going into the layer contents>add>side>color and changing it this way to no avail. Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: 3d extruded layers from illustrator paths
by on Feb 16, 2013 at 4:57:42 pm

Show us exactly what you tried that didn't work. A screenshot of the relevant properties in your Timeline panel would be a good start.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Brett HardingRe: 3d extruded layers from illustrator paths
by on Feb 18, 2013 at 9:00:43 pm

Here is an image of the object I'm trying to manipulate:

This is the setting that I would assume controls the color of the side of the shape:

I just want to make the extruded side a similar color to the background, not black. The control pictured above has no apparent effect on my object. Thanks for your input.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: 3d extruded layers from illustrator paths
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 12:51:11 am

Show the Contents property group for that shape expanded so that I can see where your Side Color property has been added.

It should look like this:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Brett HardingRe: 3d extruded layers from illustrator paths
by on Feb 20, 2013 at 9:06:38 pm

Hmm, apparently because I had two intersecting paths in a group I wasn't adding the side color properly. Problem's solved now, thanks for the tips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]