Depth Propagation simplifies 2D to stereo 3D conversion
by Vera Pasechnik on Feb 15, 2013 at 7:50:10 pm
Hi, cow readers!
Working in AE can be easier with 2D to 3D suite and its depth propagation tool, because of:
1. you'll need less number of roto masks and for fewer frames
2. Time and cost efficiency: manual work reduced significantly
3. Depth map creation for background and foreground
4. DP supports object depth change in a scene
As a rule it is used to create depth map for background, but it also can be applied to propagate detailed depth map for foreground, if motion is not fast and there are ready made masks for contours of objects to propagate.
Depth Propagation simplifies the process of conversion:
1. Detailed depth maps only for key frames are needed (not for the whole sequence)
2. Detailed depth map will be propagated for all other frames
3. One mask per object is needed for foreground processing