ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Beginner questions about SDI and Embedded Audio

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron HamillBeginner questions about SDI and Embedded Audio
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 4:26:42 am

Hi Members,

Does SDI output Video track with embedded Audio sync lock the streams together?

What I mean is for example from the SDI output of an analog to SDI converter box with audio embedding.

What I'm intending to do is go from

SDI output of a converter box using SDI embedded audio

PCI Express Video capture card with an SDI input.

All I'm trying to determine is if the Audio and Video SDI stream are nicely "Syn Locked" together. For example like Genlock and those sorts of stream timing locks.

Also how does a Video file with embedded Audio appear on a PC? What I mean is let's say I analyse an embedded audio AVI file in Media Info Pro. Will it show a separate track for audio? Or will the audio be hidden somewhat in the Video track?

Sorry about these questions but I really don't know a great deal about Video files with embedded audio.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Beginner questions about SDI and Embedded Audio
by on Feb 15, 2013 at 4:07:45 pm

Well, this is the After Effects Techniques forum, and people here would recommend video footage with an actual audio track and not audio embedded in a video track.

Most of us would probably say that yes, audio is synced to video in the situation you describe... but your situation isn't one AE practitioners are likely to encounter.

That's not particularly helpful to you, so I'd recommend posing your question on a different forum here on the COW. If we knew what you were actually trying to accomplish, we'd have a better idea for a forum recommendation.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved