ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Blank frame while trying to control a comp with a slider

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kari Pieskä
Blank frame while trying to control a comp with a slider
on Feb 12, 2013 at 1:01:51 pm

Hi,

I made a slider control on a null. Null is located in the main level where I wanted to put all my controls for a character. I then have a head layer, and inside this, i have eye-comp. Inside eye-comp is two layers, eyes closed and opened. Each 1 frame long and both sequenced.

For the eye-comp, I then make time-remap and and pick-whip it to the slider control.

So now 0 in the slider is closed eyes, and 1 is opened.

But when I try to animate this, I get a weird thing that I don't understand. I put a toggle hold keyframe on f.ex on frame 1 and I give value 0 in the slider (eyes closed). Then I go to frame 10 and give value 1 (eyes open). But when I go to see frame 9, there are no eyes.

Does anybody know why? It should hold value 0, untill I give another value, right?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Blank frame while trying to control a comp with a slider
on Feb 12, 2013 at 10:13:08 pm

The most likely explanation is that your eyes open and eyes closed comps aren't long enough. I recommend making them longer to accommodate the timing possibilities in your main comp.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kari Pieskä
Re: Blank frame while trying to control a comp with a slider
on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:34:34 am

Thanks Dave for your input, but it wasn't that.

I noticed that when controlling with the slider, it controls seconds, and I wanted it to control frames. So when I input 1, it gives frame 24. Where is nothing. And now I understand, if I divide the time remap expression with /24, I can start controlling the frames instead.

The time remap function starts giving out frames instead of seconds, because... It divides 1 second into 24 segments and then.. it .. just works?

Good enough for now. Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]