ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Suggestions on a smooth way to replace a trophy in a movie and suggestions on a nice "Countdown-end"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Lindström
Suggestions on a smooth way to replace a trophy in a movie and suggestions on a nice "Countdown-end"
on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:01:21 pm

Hello!
I've moved this post from Adobe Premiere as I think it fits in better here. I am relatively new to Adobe Premiere and After Effects and I've been working on a teaser-movie for a trip a smaller group are making in May. The destiniation is still unknown for all participants (except me) and I've been giving out clues for our destination (like a swedish game show host called "På Spåret"). The holiday will contain alot of activities and competitions and the winning team will win a championship trophy.

I've come quite a way but now I believe I need to utilize After effects to a higher degree when making the following:

1) At about 3 minutes in to the movie I've added a commercial from Entreprenuer of the Year (Ernst & Young), mostly because I find the intro for a trophy cool. I would like to replace the trophy in the clip our own trophy instead. (Just added a picture in the post bu can create a movie for it if someone has any good suggestion on a good way to do it)
2) After the trophy has been shown, I would like a "epic ending" like in some movie/game-trailers regarding release date. (just googled quick now and saw Expendables II that kinda have what I mean)
"The Trip Begins"
"17 May 2013"

Attached documents:
- The movie that I've worked with so far

Östra Aros Teaser

(Watch in HD to get all the sounds)
- The Ernst & Young commercial http://reels.creativecow.net/film/commercial-ey
- A picture of the trophy (Have some movieclips as well but unsure on how to make a clip that can be used in the movie that does not make it "tacky". Do you have a suggestion on how to make it work you can reply with a suggestion and I can shoot it bild2.jpg

Any help, input, examples are greatly appriciated!
Best regards //Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Lindström
Re: Suggestions on a smooth way to replace a trophy in a movie and suggestions on a nice "Countdown-end"
on Feb 5, 2013 at 9:55:47 pm

Unsure wether my type of question is not welcome here, but I've now finished the teaser with the help of some googling.

Here's the result :)

Travel Teaser

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Suggestions on a smooth way to replace a trophy in a movie and suggestions on a nice "Countdown-end"
on Feb 5, 2013 at 10:22:22 pm

It's not the type of question - the fact that you stole the footage from Ernst & Young, a large multi-national corporation, as you admitted in your post, may have turned some people off from responding. It's not nice to steal...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Peter Lindström
Re: Suggestions on a smooth way to replace a trophy in a movie and suggestions on a nice
on Feb 6, 2013 at 7:09:08 am

And its not something that im trying to conceal or take credit for. This
Project is ment to be for a private gathering of 7 people and I was merely asking for some tips regarding technique.

Regardless, Thank you for your reply.

Return to posts index

Peter Lindström
on Feb 6, 2013 at 3:15:19 pm

I might also add that I work at Ernst & Young and I have the permission to use the clip in the aforementioned purpose.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Feb 8, 2013 at 3:29:22 pm

That, indeed, makes all the difference, Peter. I was merely suggesting that it could have been the reason people were not responding to your request. People are very sensitive on these forums about "stolen goods". My apologies if I seemed accusatory.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Peter Lindström
on Feb 9, 2013 at 1:14:23 pm

Thank you again for your response :)

Kind regards
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]