ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Shadow problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Hartley
Shadow problem
on Jan 28, 2013 at 1:24:00 pm

Ok this is a bit of a fiddly problem. On my timeline I have An image within a 3d space with a Particle layer below and a 'floor' layer below that. The shadow of the image is not showing up because the particle layer between is not selected as 3D (which you want as it does it itself). In order to fix the shadow problem I must put the particle layer above the image layer in the timeline but I want the particles to appear behind the logo.

Also now the shadow is flashing as my particle layer appears.

If anyone can help it would be lovely.

Thanks

If it looks good, look at it.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Shadow problem
on Jan 28, 2013 at 3:54:24 pm

One approach is to leave the particle layer above all of the layers but use a copy of the logo layer as a matte for the particle layer, so the particles don't appear over the logo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ben Hartley
on Jan 28, 2013 at 4:12:20 pm

Thanks Todd but i will be moving the camera up so the matte would not block the particles accordingly in the 3D space.

If it looks good, look at it.

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Jan 28, 2013 at 6:34:16 pm

Ben

You can use the Obscuration Layers feature in Particular. This will allow the particles to appear behind the logo even if the particular layer is above the logo layer.

See the tutorial:

Trapcode Particular and Obscuration Layers - Red Giant

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]