ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

green screen help

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jtruth Heartchasergreen screen help
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:12:45 pm

Good morning. Im sort of new to video editing, but I have been picking it up pretty fast. However ive hit a roadblock with some green screen footage ive been working on. After hours of research I believe I found the problem. But now I need help with a solution. I believe the problem is that my green screen footage is too bright therefore causing a lot of noise and spill when I try to key. Does anyone know of any videos to help with this specefic issue? Or no of any tips offhand? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jtruth HeartchaserRe: green screen help
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 11:45:14 pm

Thanks a lot for the advise. I actually already watched. Those vids in my initial research. At least the 1st 2. Its good advise, but it doesnt help with the key issue. In all vids Ive seen, whenever the intial key is done, its pretty decent. Then tricks are applied to clean it up. But in my footage, my intial key has so much noise to start. And again I beleive it to be because of a green screen ligbting that was too bright. I havent seen any tutorials that help witb this specefic issue.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: green screen key
by on Jan 14, 2013 at 11:52:17 pm

Can you post a still grab of the shot?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Jtruth HeartchaserRe: green screen key
by on Jan 15, 2013 at 8:38:23 am

Here is a snapshot of the GS clip. what you think?

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: green screen key
by on Jan 15, 2013 at 5:31:48 pm

While there's an awful lot of variation in the green screen, and quite a bit of bleeding of the color onto the talent (it looks as if he was shot way too close to the screen, and that maybe the screen wasn't lit independent of the talent), it's at least worth a shot with a keying plugin.

Plan two for me would be to use the Roto Brush, since there's a lot of contrast between the talent and the background. Either way, you're going to have a fair amount of color correction for all the spill that's going on, but it shouldn't be too difficult. It also looks as if there's something reflective on the underside of the baseball cap, and of course that will be a problem - you might be able to use the clone brush to get rid of that, depending on how much movement is going on with the talent.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Jtruth HeartchaserRe: green screen key
by on Jan 15, 2013 at 9:01:10 pm

Thanks alot for the advise sir. Do you (or anyone) know of any tutorials that deal with this specefic type of issue? I'm learning all of this hands on and so i'm heavily relying on tutorials for learning. thanks alot.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: green screen key
by on Jan 16, 2013 at 2:49:11 am

Here's a good thread from a while back on the topic:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/854783

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved