ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using plugins in After Effects Tutorials?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tommy CharlesUsing plugins in After Effects Tutorials?
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 1:59:45 am

Hey all,

I'm just wondering if you could shed some light on how template creators use plugins such as Holomatrix and Lux in templates, and yet advertise their templates as "no plugins needed!"

It makes sense to me that this is a prerequisite to actually getting template sales.

I know that Particular effects can be rendered out separately and then placed into a comp, but what about other plugin effects? In the case of particular, what if you need the particles to interact with another object in the scene? In the case of Lux, I can't just render out the light because then it won't interact with anything I add in the future....right?

Thanks!!

You guys are so helpful.

~Tommy

Return to posts index

Tommy CharlesRe: Using plugins in After Effects Tutorials?
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 2:39:40 am

Sorry, I meant to write "templates" in my title.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Using plugins in After Effects Tutorials?
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 3:20:24 am

[Tommy Charles] "In the case of Lux, I can't just render out the light because then it won't interact with anything I add in the future....right? "

Right. If you prerender the layer, it judy becomes another thing with colored shiny stuff in it.

Now, don't get me wrong, colored shiny stuff can good to have, but it won't work like Lux does.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Using plugins in After Effects Tutorials?
by on Dec 21, 2012 at 2:38:53 pm

Yup...colored shiny stuff which someone else created is just someone else's colored shiny stuff. Colored shiny stuff that you can tweak is great...it gives you a starting point that you don't have to spend hours getting to.

That's why you have to be careful buying templates. I bought a template with a curved map of the world, and points on it which were connected by animated lines, sort of like the flight route maps the airlines use. It was sold as completely customizable. Imagine my surprise when the only thing customizable was the text attached to those points. Back to square one...

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]