ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rostrum inspiration needed

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan HowardRostrum inspiration needed
by on Nov 24, 2012 at 12:00:26 pm

Hi All..... I have a new gig that involves a lot of rostrum cam of photos in AE ... Fashion and old pics .... Apart from the fact that most are portrait which is a pain in itself I'm after inspiration for interesting / classy ways of animating these stills .... Any help / guidance much appreciated .....
Thanks in advance ...

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Rostrum inspiration needed
by on Nov 24, 2012 at 4:03:04 pm

I'd go for giving them some 3D other words, transition some, if not all, of them in with some card wipe effects, maybe using PlaneSpace if you have it to create "galleries" of the pics which then move in, or rotate in, to display a single photo. Try the Video Copilot Sure Target 2 plugin to get some flying camera effects. Since you said "classy effects", I wouldn't overdo this - I'd pick one of the above styles, keep it slow moving, maybe with a dissolve in; slow even motion is what will keep these effects from becoming a trailer for a new computer game.

Anything which gives your scene dimensionality will help defeat the "slide show" possibilities.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Alan HowardRe: ostrum inspiration needed
by on Nov 24, 2012 at 4:06:40 pm

Thats great thanks I'll check out the video co pilot stuff and try some of your suggestions ... Please do keep 'em coming as I have lot of stills over next few months!
Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved