ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

quick sucession of images

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romeu Lourencao
quick sucession of images
on Nov 24, 2012 at 12:17:32 am

Sorry my bad English folks.
My problem should be simple to you, but I really tried google it and cannot find the solution. The answers always took some word of my question and didn't understand what I mean. Thanks God, so I can talk with real people like you lol.
I need to process a quick sequence of images, like you see in a lot of videos, each image takes a fraction of a second, and the viewer eye barely see it. It's a very dynamic effect, and I need it to my documentary. If was need I must more clear, I can give a link to an example of the effect.
I'm not an AE experto, far from it, but I know how to do it putting all the images and put them in the timeline one by one, but I think there are a better method or even a plug-in.
Thank you very much for your help.

Return to posts index

Tommy Charles
Re: quick sucession of images
on Nov 24, 2012 at 5:50:42 am

A link to what you're talking about is always helpful :)

Well, since you know the basics of organizing your images on the timeline, it's just a matter of presenting the image sequence in a manner that's pleasing to the eye.

One method that works well for me is to use pre-matted footage of ink bleeds or other organic flows as a track mat for my image.

That way, I can blend the images together.

To do this, place your pre-matted footage above your image, then select "Track Matte" on your image layer, and set it to "Luminescence 'name'" where "name" is the name of your footage.

This is only one way to blend images. There are many others.

Return to posts index

Romeu Lourencao
on Nov 25, 2012 at 2:30:56 pm

Sorry, I answered in the email, wrongly, I think. So I can put my answer here:
Thank you very much for your answer, but I must express myself in a confuse way, because your answer didn't address my problem.
As you asked, I'll put a link so you can see the effect I'm refering to:

It's in the very first part of the documentary, so you cannot to await too much :)
Well, you will see a lot of images being exibited in a quick sequence, but the cut id a hard one, no blend.
If i will do something like this in AE, I wonder will take ages to achieve.
You must have noted already that I am very very noob. I started a book about AE training some years ago, but stopped and, as I haven't necessity, forget all about it. But now I will need to go back to learn the software.
So, why I am boring you asking for something that prolly I will learn soon? Because I'm very anxious about if it can be done or not. Sorry by the inconvenience and Thanks in advance.
When all this work will be finished, I will ask your permission to acknolwledge your advice. The documentary theme is about a large part of Brazilian population that, by commercial and bias reasons, never are showed, in TV, magazines, out-doors, etc. The name will be something like "The Invisibles from Brazil". Thanks again, you are very nice.

Return to posts index

Romeu Lourencao
on Nov 25, 2012 at 9:06:58 pm

Thank you very much! Now I know that is possible to do it in hours, not months :-)
(I said hours because I'm counting the manipulation of images, if not it'll be minutes)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Nov 25, 2012 at 3:50:48 pm

A very simple and quick way to do it would be to take a folder of images, then import them into After Effects as an Image Sequence, assuming that your images are all the same size and aspect ratio. If you need control of the order of images, you can always put numbers on the front end of the file names, which will control the order in which they appear.

The downside of this is that every image will be one frame long. If you want them to hang longer, you can always change the frame rate of the import sequence.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Nov 26, 2012 at 3:27:56 pm

If you are particularly interested in the shots where text colors change but the text itself remains the same, you could prepare the images in Photoshop, then do the fast cuts in almost any video editing application.

There isn't a lot in that link that demands that you use only After Effects.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Nov 27, 2012 at 3:13:15 pm

Dave is correct, and his method, while a bit slower to achieve than mine, will give you much greater control over the final result.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]