ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

3D Text - Shatter Method Issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Wallberg3D Text - Shatter Method Issue
by on Nov 18, 2012 at 12:21:36 am

I'm having an issue with some animated 3D text that I created using the Shatter Method. Within after effects, the text jumps to the corner of the composition without rhyme or reason. No key frames are animating the position of the text but yet it still jumps. I have a basic set up with a gradient layer for the front of the text (hidden), the original text layer (hidden), the solid with shatter applied and use of the camera position for movement, then a solid with particular applied for a nice transition. When everything works it turns out, but then text will randomly jump with no warning. The only way I have gotten around it is restarting my workstation completely then reopening the projects. It will stay static, then the longer it is open, it will jump a few frames, return to static, then progressively get worse until it stays in the corner. Here is a link to the final product with the nested composition within Premiere and the rest of the video. I use this effect at least a half a dozen words and each time there is the same issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved