ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Twixtor the Un-Twixtorable?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam KoubekTwixtor the Un-Twixtorable?
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 4:43:28 pm

This is the shot I have to work with. For obvious reasons, twixtor doesn't like it. My thoughts are that I can mask out the runner then render him out (because I'm pretty sure Twixtor ignores masks), then place him back on a clean plate of the surroundings I have. I will also isolate the bottom part and twixtor that on its own then match with the masked footage. My question, is this a logical solution? Any tips? Is there a better way to get around this? I've already started the roto process but for obvious reasons, I'd like to make sure my planned method will work before I spend a few more hours on roto. The footage was shot with a Red Epic at a high frame rate so the fence is the only problem.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Twixtor the Un-Twixtorable?
by on Nov 19, 2012 at 8:31:44 pm

It would help to know precisely what you're trying to accomplish. I understand that you thought you described it adequately, but knowing a more about the frame rates and speeds you want to achieve will help.

If you keep the runner at the current speed and slow down the pan across the fence, he'll outrun the background because he moves faster than it does.

Unless you mean something else...

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved