ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to make a floating particle effect with shapes made in Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brooke qualmanHow to make a floating particle effect with shapes made in Illustrator
by on Nov 11, 2012 at 9:57:59 pm

Ok, I'm making a demo video of a website I created for my motion class. I have made everything in Illustrator. There is one part where I have hundreds of small dots, my question is, how do I make them appear as though they are floating gently? It is very important that I use the exact colors of the existing dots. Also, in the next screen I have thousands of dots that form a map, and I want them to float gently as well. I know I can apply a wiggle effect and change the expression to speed up/ slow it down, but there's no way I can make each dot its own layer and apply that effect without killing my computer, surely there must be an easier way. Let me know if you have any ideas, every video tutorial i look at uses plug ins or doesn't do exactly what i'm looking for.

Return to posts index

michael zoppoRe: How to make a floating particle effect with shapes made in Illustrator
by on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:54:24 pm

Sounds like from what you're describing you're going to have to use Trapcode Particular or Trapcode Form. If you truly want thousands of particles to form or compromise an image and retain the same colors as your actual .AI file then I would heavily suggest particular or Form. I'm sure this could be done other ways but I don't know exactly what those ways would be, I know this is not a very helpful comment but I'd check out Particular and Form.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]