ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

cc simple wire removal tutorial

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rowby Gorencc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Nov 3, 2012 at 3:38:58 pm

Hi

I am looking for an in-depth tutorials for CC simple wire removal. I want to learn the subtleties, all the features, of the effect. Beyond the Point A and Point B. Most of what I find on Youtube and elsewhere just barely touch on all of its features.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rowby

Visit the Rowby Fan Club at
http://www.rowbyville.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: cc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 6:46:35 pm

There really isn't much depth to CC Simple Wire Removal. I guess that's why they call it "simple".

Now, If you don't have the Cycore Effects manual, you out to download it. You'll find elaborate explanations for every control... not that there are many controls, mind you.

Just google cycore and you ought to be able to track it down. There may even be a link to it in AE's online help.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rowby GorenRe: cc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 6:58:23 pm

Thanks Dave for your response.

I'll check that manual.

The problem I'm having is over time (animation) I keep seeing nodes being added to my cc simple wire removal tool.

I start out with something very simple -- A & B -- but as I move to later frames, other nodes seem to spring up for no "reason",extending my original A&B -- adding curve handles, etc.

I am sure it has something to do with some very basic After Effects concept that I am missing.

Rowby

http://www.RowbyComedies.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: cc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:36:04 pm

Those other "nodes" you see are keyframes; they're the most frequent tool used in AE for animation... which can be thought of as altering a property over time.

You may be familiar with traditional cel animation. Animators often create key frames to show the extent and speed of a motion, and someone else draws the in-between frames. AE automatically does the in-betweening.

Keyframes are a basic, rudimentary, fundamental and essential thing to know when using AE. Those who don't know about them are frequently trying to learn the application intuitively, and that's a recipe for disaster.

You can get some pretty good and FREE training in the After Effects basics here:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff....

Check out those links. Start with learning how After Effects thinks, because you'll have to think the same way.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rowby GorenRe: cc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:44:56 pm

Thanks Dave,

That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm familiar with keyframes but AE clearly has some features that I am not used to.

So off to the tutorial links you supplied.

Best regards

Rowby

http://www.RowbyComedies.com

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: cc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Nov 9, 2012 at 1:55:34 am

i discovered a while back a new feature for simple wire removal. if you use bender effect above and below it, you can remove curved wires. although using a bezier plugin would be far easier.

in effects controls:
bender -enable adjust to distance
wire removal
bender neg amount of top bender exp. * -1, adjust to distance on

i then pickwhip a/b top/bottom base to a master slider

Return to posts index

Milica JelacaRe: cc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Oct 19, 2014 at 11:37:59 am

Hi

i have a wire which is curved and i tried to unwrap it like you sad with CC Bender and Wire removal in AE. But it seems that I didn't get very well how to do it. Can you be more specific and explain exact steps how to use these effects. It would be much appreciated, cause I'm troubling with it a long time now.
Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:18:08 pm

in effects controls, you will have 3 effects in this order
1. cc bender - to unwrap wire to be perfectly straight
2. cc wire removal
3. another cc bender -re-bend with negative number you used from step 1

you can pickwhip to nulls to work faster the a and b endpoints.
you'd also want to mask out the portion you're working with as bending/rebending causes softening of the image.

keep in mind, this is the slowest, most cumbersome way to remove curved wires, (short of clone stamp tool)
as AE doesn't natively support bezier curvers. I'd recommend another compositing tool
or plugin instead like nuke.

Return to posts index

Milica JelacaRe: cc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Oct 19, 2014 at 7:30:44 pm

thank you for your answer, i will try to do that :)
the thing is that i'm not very familiar with nuke, as i'm with after effects. and as for plugins i tried key correct and composite wizard, but they are not much different from cc wire removal. is there any other plugin for ae who can work with bezier curves?

Return to posts index

by on Oct 19, 2014 at 8:15:01 pm

sorry, as far as i know, no such AE plugin exists. I don't know why there's no b-spline or bezier plugins, very strange, seems like there would be a huge market for it. Mocha kind of took over that part, I believe, for tracking, splines etc.

Anyways, for ease of use, I'd recommend mocha pro. I'm sure you've used mocha before and it will automatically track and remove(create a clean plate) for you. very easy to use. google youtube mocha pro rig removal for quick demos.

don't forget a quick track in AE attached to a couple clone stamp tools to go around a curve can sometimes work farely well, too.(as long as the curve shape angle is unchanging)

Return to posts index

Ross ShainRe: cc simple wire removal tutorial
by on Oct 20, 2014 at 6:16:11 pm

The nice thing about mocha Pro's removal tool is that it gives you lots of options for removing the object including the ability to match lighting and interpolate from clean plates when necessary.

More info and tutorials found here:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/features/automatic-object-removals/

Ross Shain
Imagineer Systems
http://www.imagineersystems.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]