ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How would you do something like this?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kaleb SteeleHow would you do something like this?
by on Nov 2, 2012 at 8:10:25 pm

Well I am stumped again and I thought to ask from the masters. How would this video be done:

How would you manipulate one part of a line to stay parent to one object and the other end of the line parented to another object? Is that possible or is this entire video done with time consuming key framing.

Any help or theories are welcome.

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: How would you do something like this?
by on Nov 3, 2012 at 7:04:17 pm

It's a plugin/script called Plexus:

I've been wondering myself whether the same thing could be achieved by expressions and pick-whipping object centers to the ends of lines. I haven't tried it yet.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

michael zoppoRe: How would you do something like this?
by on Nov 13, 2012 at 7:21:32 pm

Plexus will achieve this result, HOWEVER, I'm not sure you can actually pin graphics (in this case those circle outlines) to certain vertexes in plexus. I'm pretty sure you can only create the wireframe look but pinning graphics to specific points in plexus may be above the tool.

I'd try using the generate>beam effect and use a series of pick-whipping expressions and null objects to get the same look. I've done it before so let me know if you'd like me to send a quick tutorial on it.

Return to posts index

Katya AustinRe: How would you do something like this?
by on Nov 17, 2012 at 12:38:44 am

You can attach Plexus generator to animated in 3D space lights (point lights only) and attach graphics to lights.

If you have Cinema 4D you can animate some simple geometry with deformers > parent lights to geometry > export Plexus OBJ sequence for lines and lights for parenting graphics.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved