Hi. I'm doing a 2d animation where a character is holding an earplug. I did the parent in the earplug with the hand and added some puppet pins to the earplug string. But every time the hand moves the puppets go all crazy and mess the string. I guess it has something to do with parenting a layer that has puppet pin, but i could not find any solution for this problem. How should i do? I really need to do a "follow throught effect" in the string.
Re: pareting puppet pin by Kaleb Steele on Nov 2, 2012 at 8:28:08 pm
This might help:
"you could set up a bunch of Null layers with true parenting, 1 Null for each pin.
- Start by creating enough Nulls, it might be easier to make them 50x50 and put the anchorpoint at 25,25.
- Parent all these Nulls to your puppeted layer.
- Copy the position of your first puppet pin to the position of your first Null, they should line up exactly.
- Rename the Null to "Pin 1"
- repeat for All Nulls.
- Unparent all the Nulls
- Now create the correct Parenting relation between all the pin-Nulls.
- and then give the puppet points an expression like: