ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Form two words into one?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Allar
Form two words into one?
on Oct 23, 2012 at 5:39:34 pm

Hi there,

Any thoughts into forming two words coming together creating a new one?


Kevin Allar

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Form two words into one?
on Oct 24, 2012 at 12:37:03 pm

A little more detail would be helpful. One the same line? Words the same number of letters or different? All caps or upper and lower case? What sort of motion? On first thought it sounds to me like a bit of handwork, but you might be able to use AE's text animation capabilities, depending on what you really want to do.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

Sean Simon
Re: Form two words into one?
on Dec 5, 2012 at 5:57:52 am

You could as well type up the two words, mask each letter out through a shape layer, delete the original text (or unhide it) and keyframe the mask path on each letter so that it changes into the word.

To get an awesome change effect, you could try and just add the other text layer on reverse so the first words shatter into the second word as it appears.

Another thing you should try, with a 3d text layer, you make it rotate sideways forming the other word. It really depends on what it is for.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved