ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Lower third Technique/Effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john MarkLower third Technique/Effect
by on Aug 24, 2012 at 4:24:39 am

I would like to get this effect were when the lower third is sliding in the screen I want to know how they keep the white lower third bar sliding in without the picture of the world showing till the end were the 7 News logo is. How can I accomplish this?, I have tried doing it but no luck as i make the white lower third and add the slide effect and put the world as a separate layer they basically slide together from the start till end, While i want the world being shown till the end just like in the clip were the 7 News logo is. I have also tried just adding the slide effect then as the white bar slides to the end i quickly add the world but its not very good and not what i want.

(Stop at 10sec seing the world picture being shown at end)

Thank you whoever will help
sorry if this did not make sense.

Return to posts index

michael zoppoRe: Lower third Technique/Effect
by on Aug 31, 2012 at 2:16:34 pm

Duplicate the white bar as is, don't do anything to it. Then move it above your 'world' layer in AE, select the world layer and change your modes so you can see your track mattes (switch between blending mode view and track matte view) change it so that the world layers track matte is set to alpha matte 'white bar layer'. When you do this it will automatically turn off the eyeball for the duplicated white bar layer as you don't need it to be visible since you only need it's alpha channel to reveal the world layer. Now when you playback the animation the white bar should slide in and when it gets to the end it will "reveal the world" just like you're looking for.

Return to posts index

John MarkRe: Lower third Technique/Effect
by on Sep 10, 2012 at 12:42:50 am

Thank you so much for your help :D

A News Graphic Lover

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved