ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Techniques for Extra-wide comps.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Akhil BhattTechniques for Extra-wide comps.
by on May 31, 2012 at 1:55:53 pm

(I posted this on Reddit as well)

I have a few questions and I am hoping someone here can answer it. I am working on a video-wall animation in after effects (26,880x1080) and i have many high def assets going on across the screen (.mov files, png and targe sequences) at once as well as Plexus, Particular, Form, etc.

The computer I am using is quite powerful, (48 gb ram, dual xeon 24-thread processing, pny quadro4000) and it has an SSD for the C: and two additional 1 tb drives.

Currently, we are running CS6, with the applications on the SSD, the project on the second drive and rendering to the 3rd.

Okay, so here is my question. Is this the best way to do things? Would it be better to collect the projects and put them on the SSD and render to a HDD? What else can I do to speed up test-render times? Generally, I do a quicktime render (H.264) and resize to (2000x80).

Is this dumb? My 3 min sequence from last night is taking about 24 hours to render a QT test. Im not really sure what the best way to do it is and Im basically taking shots in the dark. I know that such a large screen requires a different order of priorities, because of the ram required to create one frame.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved