ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Controlling Turbulent Displace and Wave Warp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pedro AmaralControlling Turbulent Displace and Wave Warp
by on May 16, 2012 at 9:03:05 am

I'm working on a project right now where I'm using Turbulent Displace and Wave Warp Effects and feel the need of having a bit more of control over this effects. What I am trying to achieve is basically a "wipe transition" from the center to both left and right sides to clean the effects. I know i could easily get this through a few masks, but sooner or later the use of masks will go against me.

So I was wondering if you have any suggestions, on how I could have some more control over these effects through controllers or expressions, not only for this "transition" case, but perhaps any other previous posts regarding having more control over Turbulent Displace and Wave Warp Effects, or similar cases that might have explored this two effects.

Sorry if I'm being to vague, I know there are a lot of possibilities on working this effects, anyway, I'm up for any curiosity or any tutorial where someone might have explored the effects in a more deeper way than the "basics of it". Controllers and Expressions would be the most appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
all the best,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Controlling Turbulent Displace and Wave Warp
by on May 18, 2012 at 5:31:37 pm

Yes, your description is indeed very vague. I don't think anyone could offer help based on it.

I'm still trying to figure out how Turbulent Displace and Wave Warp constitute a wipe.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Pedro AmaralRe: Controlling Turbulent Displace and Wave Warp
by on May 23, 2012 at 10:34:38 am

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your time and your reply.

Sorry for the lack of information on my post, what I meant by wiping was an effect that could work like a transition, anyway, I figured out a way to make it work in my case, thank you anyway.
I couldn't find any other way to have more control over the effect though...

I have a new issue now, this time with the Liquify effect.
I'd like to know how could I (after animating using the warp tool) animate the Reconstruction tool to "undo" the warp effect?

thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved