ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

blurring or ghosting or kind of clonning, looking for example and how to do

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anton hecht
blurring or ghosting or kind of clonning, looking for example and how to do
on May 13, 2012 at 8:00:01 am

Hi, I only have cs3 so basically I can do this. I have been searching for a look but can't really find an example of it visually or how to do it. I am trying to do a video effect where you get a kind of ghost image following a person as they walk, so as they take a few steps.. kind of to give it speed. Actually if anyone read the comic the Flash, you know sometimes when they portray him running fast, you see a number of flashes with a kind of motion blur connecting them. Does this make scene, I know i have seen adverts where gymnasts do moves and you see all the proceeding frames of the move, like they put their arms up and each frame kind of remains in shot... something like that, or even just a few mos of an after image. Hope this is enough info and someone can help.

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
Re: blurring or ghosting or kind of clonning, looking for example and how to do
on May 13, 2012 at 9:27:29 am

You can apply one of these effects:

• Echo
  • CC Time Blend
  • CC Time Blend FX
  • CC Wide Time

There might be more, but that'll get you started. If the shot is moving and you want to isolate the person/object, you'll have to do some rotoscoping before you apply the effect.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

anton hecht
on May 13, 2012 at 12:54:11 pm

That is great, I looked these up and also the OKGO video effect for wtf which is kind of what I want. Basically I have a figure in a room and they are putting there arms up and down and out in two semi circles, so basically they are making the shape of an O with their hands. I am trying echo and looked at a tutorial online by the guy who did the ok go video, and they say to make the echo operator composit in front, though when I do this I dont see anything. Does the figure have to be cut out first or something...thanks

Return to posts index

Dan Fredley
on May 13, 2012 at 1:20:24 pm

Yes, you will need to cut out the subjects. Duplicate the layer then on the top layer try using the Roto Brush, but make sure you read the documentation carefully first:

Roto Brush Help

Then after you "Freeze" the roto brush you can apply the echo effect to the top roto brush layer and it should give you what you want.

Dan Fredley

Return to posts index

anton hecht
on May 13, 2012 at 1:43:24 pm

I only have cs3 is there I way I can still do, it doesnt have a rotro brush

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 18, 2012 at 5:27:42 pm

You can still do it, but you'd better prepare yourself for detailed, painstaking work and lots of it.

Here are some resources for rotoscoping. You should be able to use many of the techniques covered.

I have to tell you: this is very difficult work. If there is any chance of reshooting on a green screen, you life will get far, far easier in an instant.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]