I'm wanting to create a motion path for a camera to follow a car in 3D space, just like this example at 19:51.
I've created a road with a simple photoshop layer and then in the top camera view drew out the path and pasted the mask shape to the position layer of a Null. But when I turn the null 3D the path no longer matches what I drew out. Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks for responding! So I have a car model that I'm using with Element 3D. I made an image of a road in photoshop and I want the car model to follow the path of the road. This is what I have been doing:
1. Turn the Road layer 3d and rotate 90 in X,Create a path for the road
2. Create a 3d null and parent it to the Road layer
3. Copy the mask path and paste it to the position of the 3d null.
4. Create the group Null with the Car model from Element 3D and parent that to the 3d null with the position keyframes.
Problems I'm having:
1. When I paste the motion path to the position of the 3d null, the path jumps over and does not line up.
2. When I parent the Car layer to the path it will follow it, but doesn't seem to orient along the path when I have it set to do so.
Any ideas how to fix this would be much appreciated!