ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

what is this effect called?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fara aznan
what is this effect called?
on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:30:41 am

Hi, i have seen this effect on many videos and this is the print screen from

at minute 1:03+/-

I've been searching for tutorial on how to do this effect but just clueless on what keyword i should use as i dont know what this effect called.

I find some similarity in stereoscopic 3D effects, but it is different right? and i'm in doubt if this effect is done in after after effects or other programme?

Can anyone help me.. TQ

Return to posts index

Russell Tripp
Re: what is this effect called?
on May 1, 2012 at 6:58:47 pm

Hm - Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but you could do something like this with CC Color Offset + a mild blur effect. To get the "shift" you'd probably want to duplicate the layer, apply a different color offset to each, the offset their X positions slightly and adjust opacity to get the image where you want.

For the bottom two frames, add a mask in a rough diamond or oval shape and then turn the feather way up to get the vignetting effect.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved