ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

CC Sphere Effect - Application of the Rotation value without the object becoming a sphere shape.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frederick GuthrieCC Sphere Effect - Application of the Rotation value without the object becoming a sphere shape.
by on Apr 9, 2012 at 2:48:04 am

In relation to the cc sphere effect, I am seeking a way to apply "only" this effect's rotation value to a 2D object, that I do not wish to view as a sphere. Is there any way to parent the rotation value to a 2D object? Is there any other solution?

For example, the cc sphere effect can be applied to a new solid layer, and then, Rotation can be applied. I'd like to apply this effect's Rotation property to a 'non-spherical' object.

Is there any possible way in After Effects CS5.5 to do this?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CC Sphere Effect - Application of the Rotation value without the object becoming a sphere shape.
by on Apr 9, 2012 at 3:28:12 pm

CC Sphere will ALWAYS create a sphere shape. Moreover, CC Sphere does NOT make a true 3D layer when it is applied.

To do what you want to accomplish, you could apply it to a solid, animate the rotation, and use expressions to link the rotation of the two. If you don't want to see a sphere, you'd have to turn off the Sphere layer's visibility.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Frederick GuthrieRe: CC Sphere Effect - Application of the Rotation value without the object becoming a sphere shape.
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:14:48 am

Dave,

Once the rotation was applied to the craft, in this way, how would I turn off the sphere layer's visibility? If I understand correctly, you're saying, its possible for the cc sphere effect to be applied, but its sphere property to be set as not to be seen, but the rotation aspect 'can' be seen?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: CC Sphere Effect - Application of the Rotation value without the object becoming a sphere shape.
by on Apr 10, 2012 at 5:58:12 pm

You might want to check out my reply to your query on Adobe's AE forum.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Frederick GuthrieRe: CC Sphere Effect - Application of the Rotation value without the object becoming a sphere shape.
by on Apr 11, 2012 at 8:04:39 pm

Dave, I downloaded 3d Bender last night. This program looks complex. Any suggestions for a beginner?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]