ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to do this kind of animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed Iqbal
How to do this kind of animation
on Mar 22, 2012 at 12:10:58 pm

Hi guys

I have asked this question in another forum but I guess this is the more appropriate place. In fact Walter gave me a hint that there is no need to go for an over-sized video, but honestly speaking I need a little bit of more help to figure it out as to what should be the workflow to do this kind of animation.

To make it less complicated, I would request you to focus on the first 11 seconds only and let me know what the designer possibly has to done to setup all of this to create an animation for first 11 seconds.

I am a basic user of AE and I guess my 3d skills with reference to when to and when not to use precomps is little weak.

I would be really helpful for your helpful.

Syed

TweenGuy

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
Re: How to do this kind of animation
on Mar 22, 2012 at 12:11:44 pm

Sorry guys, here is the link

TweenGuy

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Mar 23, 2012 at 1:42:24 am

My best guess would be that is is an oversized 3D comp, with a paper like textured background probably created in Photoshop (in fact the entire still version could well have come from PS).

The camera starts out the move, since you can see the paper texture moving - and swings to the point that the dollar sign is sideways, then the various elements start to move through (it could also be that it's the camera which is animating). The dollar sign might be from Illustrator as a vector element, so that the top of the sign (the line) which begins to extend could just be animated nodes of the vector art.

Each of the other elements might be separate comps, or at least Photoshop layers, which, when brought into After Effects as a comp, would be separate layers. The text can be converted to Editable Text once it is brought in, so the text animations would be simple. It really is made up of simple elements and transitions which, when combined, make a more complex look. There are probably a few other ways it could have been done as well.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Syed Iqbal
on Mar 23, 2012 at 8:54:25 pm

Thanks a lot Joseph. It really helps.

TweenGuy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>