ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Car Scene

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Jacob Anderson
Car Scene
on May 27, 2014 at 4:05:42 pm

Hello,

I have a vision in my mind of exactly what I want, but not 100% sure how to go about doing it.

Basically, I want to have a camera about 60' down a drag strip sitting on the track. I then want to see the drag car staging and then pulling a couple wheelies and when it gets to the camera, a bunch of distortion as if the camera gets whipped around/run over and then settles facing the car screaming down the track and a company logo sitting adjacent to the camera while bits of tire bounce around towards the direction of the car as though they had been kicked up and finally settle.

To do this, I will be using Element 3D. A car model is already selected, but I'm just not sure how to go about putting together the drag strip scene. Would this be something I should go to the drag strip and film the scene I want, or should I construct the scene in Element 3D?

Also, how do I go about doing the pieces of tire bouncing on the track? Would this be a good assignment for Particular?

Feel free to add your guys' input.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Car Scene
on May 27, 2014 at 5:42:36 pm

With all that stuff going on, I don't think Element 3D is going to cut it. This sounds like a job for a full-blown 3D application.

Blender is free, and good... and like all 3D applications, it requires a lot of learning before creating takes place.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jacob Anderson
on May 27, 2014 at 6:00:43 pm

Really? I'm surprised you say that. Seeing such examples like the JetStrike one below makes me think otherwise.

If I can't do it using Element 3D and After Effects, I may just say hell with it.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 27, 2014 at 6:35:20 pm

See this tutorial [link] for incorporating 3d Element into footage.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jacob Anderson
on May 27, 2014 at 8:02:19 pm

AH! I do remember this tutorial. Is this the best approach to this matter in your opinion?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 28, 2014 at 1:14:53 pm

[Jacob Anderson] " Is this the best approach to this matter in your opinion?"

No. Doing it practically and tracking the logo to the shot would be much better.

If the car were to be digital, the bouncing rubber would be better done with Particular (with bounce physics) or maybe Newton.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]