ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After effects - final cut issue

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
thomas riorAfter effects - final cut issue
by on Mar 11, 2012 at 11:34:58 pm

Hello all
My editor had hit a wall on a specific shot, the explanation he emailed me was....

"Okay, here is the issue in as detailed as I can possibly describe...

The primary problem is in importing/exporting (and/or rendering) footage into and out of AE. When importing from FCP to AE, I can't seem to find the codec that works best with AE. When I complete an effects shot in HD and render it out to a lossless print, the image quality is poor and HD resolution is lost (even in 1080p best quality render). I've read that creating a really great print of your shot is not an exact science, but an art. I'm sure knowledge of the codecs would serve as a solution to this problem. I've even tried rendering the shot out as a 4K animation (which is so large it is not playable by an average Mac), opening it in Adobe Media Encoder and rendering an Apple ProRes 422 HQ lossless- and the shot still has terrible resolution even though it's size and aspect ratio are all the same. Any ideas?"

I've been reaching out to anyone i can think of, different forums, both apple and adobe support, youtube channels etc with no luck. If anyone here has some insight.... all input is welcome.

Thanks very much.

Thomas Riordan
Sigloch Military-Tactical
Logistics Coordinator

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: After effects - final cut issue
by on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:54:18 pm

What codec is your footage from FCP?

I find exporting out as Pro-Res 422 (HQ) looks great. Take a look at this open for a corporate project I just did:

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved