ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Panasonic HS400, Black Graphics, and DSK

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg DavisPanasonic HS400, Black Graphics, and DSK
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:45:26 pm

I have created a lower thirds in motion five that contains black. When I Broadcast thru DSK on my switcher all of the black is keyed out and transparent. I am exporting from motion 5 and running the QT video thru (Software:On the Air Video Hardware: Mac Pro with Black Magic DeckLink HD Extreme 3D) and into my switcher (Panisonic HS400). It my be a setting in my switcher. When I create graphics in On the Air CG. It also keys out everthing black. Please let me know any suggestions you have.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Panasonic HS400, Black Graphics, and DSK
by on Feb 27, 2012 at 11:23:48 pm

It sounds like you also need to create a Matte file for the switcher. Total black is total transparency, 100% white is 100% opacity, shades of gray are semi-transparent.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Greg DavisRe: Panasonic HS400, Black Graphics, and DSK
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 3:21:50 pm

Here are a couple of pics of what it is doing on screen. ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Feb 28, 2012 at 4:04:24 pm

That looks like a straight luminance key. I bet here's a nice, gentle change in transparency on that graphic's screen right.

State-of-the-art switchers can deal with alpha-channels -- which I presume your graphics contain -- but older switchers need to be fed TWO signals. One is the desired graphic, and the other is the matte I discussed earlier.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Greg DavisRe: Panasonic HS400, Black Graphics, and DSK
by on Feb 28, 2012 at 4:11:10 pm

Do you mean physical fed two different signals, or some how with the file it's self. On the Panasonic HS 400, I have turned on Matt but it just gives a colored matt. Do I need to add a physical input the the switcher?

Return to posts index

by on Feb 28, 2012 at 5:54:43 pm

Sorry, I don't know how this particular switcher takes its signals. That's an issue that needs resolving via the switcher's manual. No manual? You're left with trial and error. But in general, yes: it takes two simultaneous signals.

I work at a TV station, and I don't have to deal with these issues. The engineers get the stuff working and I just use it. It sounds like you have to go it alone.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]