ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Advice needed on what effects are used in this video

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Reece ThrowerAdvice needed on what effects are used in this video
by on Feb 19, 2012 at 12:32:42 am

Im Reece(legacy) an editor wishing to expand my knowledge of after effects and i fell in love with this call of duty edit but all the random generated shapes and solids that are used make it look amazing is this a particular effects a plugin or just something in after effects? If you know how to do it or know a tutorial please tell me , many thanks.

Examples of what i want to know how to do

(first 12 secs) :

(another example + linky line effect) :

Return to posts index

Jon MerrifieldRe: Advice needed on what effects are used in this video
by on Feb 21, 2012 at 9:01:15 pm

Both of your videos show uses of a few techniques. Animating shapes and particles to name the prominent ones. To get good at anything, one must practice, practice, practice, and then do some more work on the technique you would like to master. The answers lie on this road.

I would suggest making some shapes that emulate what you like in these videos and then try and animate them in a similar fashion. Once you get some skills down, you can research tutorials, there are hundreds of free ones, in these you may find techniques you can apply to what you are trying to accomplish. Then you may wish to add to it by adding particles, again, the only way to get a handle on particle playground, or whatever, is to become intimate with it, trial and error are the keys to success.

just saying'...

Jon Merrifield
VFX Artist / Supervisor
PELi Studios, Austin TX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved