ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Chroma Green Paint type

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Dave Case
Chroma Green Paint type
on May 28, 2014 at 5:38:52 pm

Just want to see if someone who works with green screen compositing had an opinion about the use of Rosco Chroma Green Paint brand over a Ben Moore brand paint when used on a large studio cyc & floor. I've read that there are some good alternatives to Rosco that work great and are less than half the price. I know flatness and lighting are the most important aspects to lighting green screen, but was just wondering if the shade is an issue. Any info would be appreciated.
Dave

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Chroma Green Paint type
on May 28, 2014 at 6:22:44 pm

Rosco's a proven performer in chroma key paint, so I'd compare paint chips side by side. The closer the match, the greater the likelihood of getting just as good a key as you would off a Rosco chroma key background. Don't think you can simply "remember" the hue & saturation of a green that's close and pray for the best. Get chips.

An alternative: compare paint chips to the green fabric used for portable green screens.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on May 29, 2014 at 5:00:09 pm

I haven't used this before, but these guys have posted their recipe for a lowes paint:

http://www.detonationfilms.com/low_budget_chroma_green_paint.htm

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on May 29, 2014 at 5:08:08 pm

Wow, Detonation Films lives!
Jeez, Kevin, I thought these guys dried up & blew away once the SD DV era passed.... or maybe they they went off to college. Thanks for the reminder!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]