ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

moving shape filled shape mask over vid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary Jarvismoving shape filled shape mask over vid
by on Jan 29, 2012 at 5:21:48 pm

I am looking for a way to create a shape mask, for the sake of this debate let's call it a sunflower, inside the sunflower, I would like to place a myriad of reversed shapes, whereby, the inside of the shapes are transparent. I would then like to animate the mask to traverse the background video, allowing the video to be visible.
a) Threw the shapes
b) Around the mask.

The only area masked out, would be the black areas that were created when reversing the shapes.

Okay, that's the easier part!

The hard part is, I would then like to be able to move, enlarge or reduce the sunflower but, keep the internal reversed shapes the same original size. The process would need to increase or decrease the volume of reversed shapes within the sunflower mask.

Tks Gary

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: moving shape filled shape mask over vid
by on Jan 30, 2012 at 2:58:27 pm

Let me think...
Your main sunflower shape would be in a precomp. The smaller shapes (in another precomp) would be operating as a track matte for the sunflower shape. That whole precomp would be a track matte for your footage.

If I understand what you're looking for, that should do it.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

gary JarvisRe: moving shape filled shape mask over vid
by on Jan 31, 2012 at 1:29:26 am

Thanks Michael,

I'll give it a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved