ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating a soundtrack after working in AfterEffects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max PalmerCreating a soundtrack after working in AfterEffects
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 2:37:58 pm

Hi guys- pardon the newbie question, but I'm still relatively inexperienced at figuring out an intelligent workflow.

I do most of my work in AfterEffects, and my projects usually deal with adding a VO track, and a piece of music. What I usually do, is import the VO files, clean them up and edit them the way I want, then import them into AfterEffects to time my video with. After that, I do the same with a music track, and then I do my output from AfterEffects.

So last week, I made quite a long video presentation for my department that was about half an hour long. Long story short, I have a high quality video-only render out of AfterEffects, and I have a multi-layered soundtrack file with all of my audio in Soundbooth.

What is the best way to simply overlay this audio onto my video render, and save it out as an uncompressed file so I can compress it with another piece of software?

Does that make sense?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Creating a soundtrack after working in AfterEffects
by on Jan 18, 2012 at 5:21:59 pm

Use an editing application. I presume you have Premiere Pro. It'll work with video, it'll work with audio, it'll put 'em together and export them in any form you choose.

The exception: multiscreen presentations. That's a problem. I hope you didn't overlook that detail.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved