ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Import Image in 3D? and composite it with 3D Invigorator PRO

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Allen joaquin
Import Image in 3D? and composite it with 3D Invigorator PRO
on Jan 18, 2012 at 10:30:58 am

Well, ye basicly that's the problem, when i try to do so, the layers order is still present in After Effects, so if i put the layer under the 3D mesh (Gears)it will show me the front part of the Gears, but the back part as well, i want to set the image "Inside" of the gear. Not under ir nor on top of it.

Here's an example of the effect i'm trying to archieve, it's the only example i could find.

I've thought of making it in Cinema 4D but i can't find the way to import the image into cinema 4D. (i'm still a bit new with it)

Thnx a lot for ur time and help.!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Import Image in 3D? and composite it with 3D Invigorator PRO
on Jan 18, 2012 at 6:05:24 pm

Unless you know for a fact that this clip was made in AE -- a very difficult proposition indeed, if it's even possible at all -- I'm going to suggest that it was done in 3D application, with possible compositing & finish work done in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Allen joaquin
on Jan 18, 2012 at 7:16:35 pm

IT's made by a Chinese Author, i can't say for sure it was made only in AE but he mostly uses AE for it.

I created the Gears as u can see but i find it rather impossible to apply the image the same way he does.

And with an another 3D program would mean by any chance Cinema 4D? if so how can i import an image like to cinema 4D? cause the only way possible i know (i'm a newb still in Cinema 4D) is by applying a Material to a source right?!

If there's anyone that knows how. i would highly apreciate to know how to archieve that effect. Even if it's possible with another program i sadly don't have, i can't stop thinking about it.

Thnx Again.

Return to posts index

Allen joaquin
on Jan 19, 2012 at 3:00:20 pm

No one got any idea? :'(

Does anyone knows then where i could ask this? The Creator itself dosen't speak English and it's really difficult to contact him through all the Chinese Sites.

If anyone knows any other forum where they could solve this answer would be great Too.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]