ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

hey friends! A little question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mladen Nikolichey friends! A little question
by on Jan 11, 2012 at 1:35:23 am

If i am sending this message to a wrong person i really am sorry but if you are reading this please help me...or direct me to a compatible person... I'm trying to do an animation that goes like this somehow...

It;s a student film with a page flipping and animating the letters and images on the paper... I had success in doing the page flip with cloth engine in cinema 4d but i want to know how he did this thing with textures images...

I tried AE with an alpha channel and noise effect but it doesn't look the same... What is the best way to do this kind of animation...

Thank you many many times!!!

Return to posts index

Evan AbramsRe: hey friends! A little question
by on Jan 24, 2012 at 12:44:31 pm

Your best bet is to get real textures to work with and use blending modes and opacity changes on top of that texture later. Then animate using a luma mate and either fractal noise or turbulent noise on a control layer to bring in the images over the texture. I did a tutorial about such a thing once.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe>

Now if you combine that princible with some feathered masking you'll be spot on.

Once you have the content of the pages bring those in to a 3d app and use them as part of a texture. Using movies as textures can be a real kick in the RAM though.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Evan Abrams

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved