ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Masking and stabalisation problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ally BhatiaMasking and stabalisation problem
by on Dec 29, 2011 at 6:03:18 pm

Hi people,

I am attempting to mask out a watch that is on a mans wrist in a baby incubator and it is proving difficult.

The footage is handheld, but is reasonably stable, so I tried to use image stabilization in AE so that I could place the mask of the watch (which I did in photoshop using the clone tool) strait on the footage. However, I can't seem to get the footage completely still using stabilize so my mask looks unnatural.

I also tried to motion track a bit of the fooatage onto a null object then I parented my watch mask onto that, that also didnt seem to work very vell.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can successfully sort out this problem?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Return to posts index

Lukasz LindellRe: Masking and stabalisation problem
by on Dec 30, 2011 at 12:16:17 pm

How long is the sequence?
I would think you have to animate the mask frame by frame to match the footage. If the scenen aint way too long, when you got hold of it, it actually goes kinda quick. Put the mask on a solid and use that as an trackmat, gives you a bit more flexibility later on.

Or you could try to use Mocha, but i've haven't use that much so I can't tell you about it.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Masking and stabalisation problem
by on Dec 30, 2011 at 4:03:48 pm

This page [link] is full of useful info on Motion Tracking. It should help you with your current motion tracking issues.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved