ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Roto question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby KayRoto question
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 5:48:28 pm

Ok, I just want to make sure I am not missing something big here. I am wondering if After Effects or Mocha has the ability to select in the same way Photoshop's Quick Select tool works. The Quick Select tool finds the color contrast as you drag near it and creates the mask right on the line as opposed to manually drawing it in and being less accurate and more time consuming. Does this exist in video? It must right? Please help. And if it does that, can it intelligently follow those areas frame to frame to estimate the roto and leave only adjustment left to correct?

If this question has already been answered I'm sorry but i didn't know how to search for this.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Roto question
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 6:56:42 pm

The tool you are looking for is called the Roto Brush. You can read about it and watch video tutorials here: [link].

Since it's rarely ever enough to do the job by itself; Adobe has put together a ton of other resources for doing rotoscoping more quickly: [link]

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved