ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Please take a look here and give some advice!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar WinklerPlease take a look here and give some advice!
by on Dec 25, 2011 at 12:53:06 am

hey creativeCow people! :).
I've gotten SO many good answers from this website even tho im not a user. i just created this account to get an answer to this, so ok.

What i want to know is; how is it possible to archive that "lagg effect" or the "shaky effect" that is often used in action scenes etc.?

to give you an example i found this video (its a video game, but who the hell cares), where you can really see what i mean.

Its from 0:12 - 0:13 how you can see it really much..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJoWECSzmxI

so CC, if you can answer this, or just got some suggestion/ideas what i mean PLEEEEASE write it, ill be forever thankfull =)!

email = LewiNkz@hotmail.com

- Oscar

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Please take a look here and give some advice!
by on Dec 27, 2011 at 4:09:27 pm

I can't access YouTube due to restrictions on the network where I work, but from your description it sounds like Twitch [link]. There are ways to achieve the look without using Twitch, but Twitch is the easiest.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Oscar WinklerRe: Please take a look here and give some advice!
by on Dec 27, 2011 at 5:04:35 pm

hey there, thanks for your reply..
and i know its not twitch - because i have twixtor..

Its more like "FPS lagg" it looks like its maybe 25FPS or something, but still it just looks "good" and not just "laggy"..

and yeah, this effect is also used in very dramatic action scenes.. It's VERY hard to explain what i mean, so i mean any way you can see the video from youtube..?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Please take a look here and give some advice!
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 12:27:51 am

Okay, I'm at home so I can see the video now.

Your link is definitely not right; clicking on it gives an error. It should be

I don't understand what you mean by, "i know its not twitch - because i have twixtor". It doesn't make any sense. I'm guessing that it is a language issue, but it doesn't matter, I think I've figured out your question.

I don't see any "lag" effects. I just see slow motion. There are two ways of getting slow motion:

1. Record your video at a higher frame rate than you plan to play it back. Since video is played back anywhere from 23.976-30 frames per second, you just need to make sure you record at double (or better). Then just interpret the footage at your normal playback speed (24, for example).

2. Fake it by slowing down what footage you have. This can be a bit laggy-looking, but that can be helped by using Pixel Motion that comes with AE (talked about here [link]) or something like Twixtor.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Oscar WinklerRe: Please take a look here and give some advice!
by on Dec 28, 2011 at 11:51:37 am

oh, haha yeah i messed it up, i meant "I know its not twitch, because i have TWITCH ( so i knew what it looked like).

thanks for your answer.

I actually think your reply nr. 1 is the way to make it look like that.

Because i know that the guy who made this gaming edit, recorded the footage in 1000FPS, and rendered it in AE in 30-60 FPS.

I'm gonna try this to some real life footage, thanks again for your answers!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]