ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Lip-sync

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gary Jarvis
Lip-sync
on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:42:20 pm

I am having a bit of a problem with lip-syncing, what's happening is that after I finished each of 63 syncs (all my characters sing a chorus) they work great until, I de-compose/pre-compose them a couple of times to make additions and/or position changes. (layer de-compose)

My procedure is:

Three layers psd file of a top lip, bottom lip and a behind lips color.

Import into AE as a composition.

Import audio then, R click - keyframe asst - convert audio to keyframes - this creates a null - open null - effects - both speakers.

Then I go back to my lips file top lip - puppet tool - 4 pins - one in each bottom corner of lip and one either side of top off center. I then pick whip from off center left pin to slider in audio and add an expression, amp = +.4;
temp = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider");
value + [0,temp*amp]
I then do the same to the other off center pin (not side pins, they are to hold lip in position.

I then do the same to the bottom lip only, I change the +.4 to a -.4.

the next step was to pre-compose them and duplicate multiple times. After a few de-compose's I got this

syncproblem.jpg

and lost my lip syncs.

What an I doing wrong?? tks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Lip-sync
on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:27:12 pm

You may be using compressed audio like mp3. That's a no-no. Uncompressed audio only in AE, please. Aiff or wav.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

gary Jarvis
on Dec 13, 2011 at 6:02:43 pm

Yep Dave u hit it on the button tks mate

Return to posts index

gary Jarvis
on Dec 13, 2011 at 8:53:32 pm

I have an acapella version and a music accompanied version, the acapella version gives a better lip-sync so, would I still get a good sync if I whipped into the acapella, then turn down the acapella sound and background the animation with the music accompanied song?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 13, 2011 at 9:00:54 pm

It all depends on the way the animation will be used NEXT. For example, I almost never render audio, even when working with lip-sync video from a camera. The reason: my AE work almost always goes into an editing application, and the audio for the lip-sync video is already there.

So how are YOU going to use your Ae animation next?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

gary Jarvis
on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:33:49 pm

Thanks for your response Dave,

Being new at animation, as a matter of fact, AE is my first step, that being the case, I am editing and rendering in AE. My thinking for lack of experience is, if I can't kill the volume of the acapella w/o interfering with the lip-sync, then I would render the acapella version and then bring it back into AE turn down the acapella sound and add the musical version.

This is not meant to be a pro job, it will be played on a 65" plasma with a bunch of mates. My main concern is the animation and am more than open to direction

Tks Gary

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 13, 2011 at 11:37:01 pm

I'm glad you gave an explanation, but you left out an important detail: exactly what the next application will be to use the completed animation.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

gary Jarvis
on Dec 14, 2011 at 12:38:17 am

If I understand your question correctly Dave, and you asking what I will render it to,it will probably something real simplistic like QT

Return to posts index

gary Jarvis
on Dec 14, 2011 at 1:47:50 am

Hey Dave it seems to be working, I created the audio keyframes, applied my top lip then bottom lip sync using puppet tool and just duping and moving into position, it really looks like a great sync to the words of the song.

Tks for your help Gary

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]