I am having a bit of a problem with lip-syncing, what's happening is that after I finished each of 63 syncs (all my characters sing a chorus) they work great until, I de-compose/pre-compose them a couple of times to make additions and/or position changes. (layer de-compose)
My procedure is:
Three layers psd file of a top lip, bottom lip and a behind lips color.
Import into AE as a composition.
Import audio then, R click - keyframe asst - convert audio to keyframes - this creates a null - open null - effects - both speakers.
Then I go back to my lips file top lip - puppet tool - 4 pins - one in each bottom corner of lip and one either side of top off center. I then pick whip from off center left pin to slider in audio and add an expression, amp = +.4;
temp = thisComp.layer("Audio Amplitude").effect("Both Channels")("Slider");
value + [0,temp*amp]
I then do the same to the other off center pin (not side pins, they are to hold lip in position.
I then do the same to the bottom lip only, I change the +.4 to a -.4.
the next step was to pre-compose them and duplicate multiple times. After a few de-compose's I got this
I have an acapella version and a music accompanied version, the acapella version gives a better lip-sync so, would I still get a good sync if I whipped into the acapella, then turn down the acapella sound and background the animation with the music accompanied song?
It all depends on the way the animation will be used NEXT. For example, I almost never render audio, even when working with lip-sync video from a camera. The reason: my AE work almost always goes into an editing application, and the audio for the lip-sync video is already there.
So how are YOU going to use your Ae animation next?
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA
Being new at animation, as a matter of fact, AE is my first step, that being the case, I am editing and rendering in AE. My thinking for lack of experience is, if I can't kill the volume of the acapella w/o interfering with the lip-sync, then I would render the acapella version and then bring it back into AE turn down the acapella sound and add the musical version.
This is not meant to be a pro job, it will be played on a 65" plasma with a bunch of mates. My main concern is the animation and am more than open to direction
Hey Dave it seems to be working, I created the audio keyframes, applied my top lip then bottom lip sync using puppet tool and just duping and moving into position, it really looks like a great sync to the words of the song.