ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Custom Shapes with Particular on AE 5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Nowlin
Custom Shapes with Particular on AE 5.5
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:21:57 pm

Hi everyone, first post but i've been using the sight for several months now. I have a question I hope someone can help me with, and I hope I'm posting this question in the right place. I'm looking to make a project with some light streak (I've done a few before using a couple different tuts) and we've recently upgraded to AE 5.5 and reloaded all of our plug in including Trapcode. However, in looking at the option for Particle Type in particular and it appears that the Custom Shape option is gone. Has it been moved, taken off or am I just remembering it wrong?

NuRelic

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Custom Shapes with Particular on AE 5.5
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:42:01 pm

Go to your Particular help document. On the left navigation column go under Particle Group to Particle>Particle type.
It lists all the options you need.
You probably want either Sprite or Textured Polygon.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Robert Nowlin
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:50:50 pm

First off, thanks for the quick reply. I did find the particle types, but there use to be an option under Particular Type to use your own custom shape. I'm following the old tutorial for the Lexus comercial with the Glowing Orbs (seen here: http://www.jmdesignco.com/pro/tutorials/after-effects-lexus-tutorial-by-bar... and he uses a simple circle shape/effect to give the streak some life having it grow and shrink. I'd like to keep that effect on my project, but none of the presets create the same effect.

NuRelic

Return to posts index

Robert Nowlin
on Dec 9, 2011 at 9:39:41 pm

Okay I got it now. Selecting the Sprite option allows me to select a layer for Texture and thereby my custom shape. Wouldn't have figured it out without the heads up to look in the Particular help document.

Just a very, very long day.

Thanks,
NuRelic

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]