ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

How to create paper whirlwind effect

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mo sunHow to create paper whirlwind effect
by on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:16:51 pm

Hey I'm working on a project that requires me to create an effect where papers are emitting from a central object. The main issue is that the papers aren't blank, so I decided against using something like particular to generate it. I don't have much experience with expressions but I figure it would be a good way to create the effect.

Looking around I did find this script that I think may have potential.
However it's supposed to simulate a falling leaf. I'd like to make something that distorts the paper more and has more of a random movement to it.

The end result I'm papers flying through the air like they are being absorbed into a black hole. Any ideas or suggestions is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: How to create paper whirlwind effect
by on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:44:36 pm

I don't get why you couldn't use Particular. You'd create a precomp of a distorting piece of paper (using whatever distort effects you like) and put whatever you want on the paper. Make several different versions and put them all in one precomp. Use that precomp as your custom particle. There's a split option in Particular that lets you keep each seperate paper as its own particle.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

mo sunRe: How to create paper whirlwind effect
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 4:45:18 am

Thanks for your reply. Now that you mention it, I realized that you can. I guess I felt like it would be a good opportunity to increase my knowledge on expressions as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved