ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What is a good way to create pouring/exploding paint in AE?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabian Aust
What is a good way to create pouring/exploding paint in AE?
on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:08:56 am

Hello folks, just as the subject says, i want to figure out what options there are for generating "paint" in AE, that flows, pours, explodes etc. How would you go about it? I know that AE might not be the ideal application to realize something like this, but at this moment, it is the software i'm familiar with so this is my first go-to place. I would be very thankful for any ideas, hints to plugins, experiences with this kind of stuff. As a sidenote, the final image is supposed to be a composite of live footage with the paint stuff in it.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: What is a good way to create pouring/exploding paint in AE?
on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:49:48 pm

I always say that practical effects are the best effects. Shoot it!

You get to blow stuff up, too! That's pretty neat. You might pick up some tips on blowing things up at the Detonation Films web site.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: What is a good way to create pouring/exploding paint in AE?
on Dec 7, 2011 at 4:19:08 pm

You might be able to fake some paint-like substance by using Particular with the bounce physics. You'd need to use a small amount of particles, blur them, then use levels to make the edges sharp. That'll give it a gloppy feel.
Then you'd need to use CC Glass, and various other effects to try to get it to look shiny and liquidy.

Much better (and more fun) to do it in real life as Dave mentioned.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]