ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Increasing After Effects World View Past 30,000

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cassidy BisherIncreasing After Effects World View Past 30,000
by on Nov 28, 2011 at 9:02:09 pm

Ok, So I have imported a 3ds Max scene into AE... The 3ds Max scene was pretty big... flying a camera through a very long tunnel.

When I import that data into AE (Camera & Nulls) I notice that the Camera imported from 3ds max goes past the 30,000 mark (over 51,000) in AE.

So if I parent my trapcode particular layer to the Camera's x,y & z position and it goes past the 30,000 position mark, the particles freak out, and do not follow the position, they only go to the imaginary dead end position of 30,000 x 30,000

Note in the screenshot you see the particular streak having a straight line (butting up against the imaginary wall)

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Increasing After Effects World View Past 30,000
by on Nov 29, 2011 at 9:26:28 pm

The 30,000 px figure seems to be a limitation on the slider control in Particular. Does it work if you use a light as an emitter instead of animating the emitter point directly in Particular?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Cassidy BisherRe: Increasing After Effects World View Past 30,000
by on Nov 29, 2011 at 9:29:32 pm

Walter, thanks for getting back with me... I think that's a great idea... however I shrank the 3ds max scene and redid it.. so it's under the 30,000 mark... however I believe your theory would actually work! Great work around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved